Saturday, September 08, 2007

Autumn Term begins

September, and the time when term starts to get into gear. Autumn in the air the the freshness of early morning as I walk from our sleeping quarters up the road to The Buddhist House. Lots of people. Today, our first weekend of studies, an introductory programme for would-be volunteers and others.

This afternoon the Cosby airshow. Our neighbouring village held its festivities and we were treated to a display of wheeling planes, second world war veterans, propeller driven, skimming the tree tops and wheeling over the roof top, engines whining plaintively. How scary for older people with memories of war, I think. Even though I never experienced such times, I feel my stomach lurching with each turn above the house.

And in the community, the household full, excited, awaiting the new term and Mudita's baby.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home